Sunday, May 15, 2011

TOP 5 DEAD OR ALIVE: Sha Money XL's Top 5 Executives

Sha Money XL, Island Def Jam's VP of A&R, recently sat down with AllHipHop.com to discuss the Top 5 executives who have influenced him throughout his career. Sha Money, Michael Clervoix, started out with 50 Cent's ultra-successful G-Unit brand, which consists of a record label, publishing companies, a clothing line and other business extensions. As an executive with G-Unit, Sha Money XL helped 50 Cent sell tens-of-millions of records. Additionally, Sha Money is known for grooming talent, through his influential One Stop Shop Producers conference.
Be next to rise in the world of Hip Hop. Click Here to get the BluePrint....Hip Hop Early














1. Jimmy Iovine. Jimmy Iovine is a genius. OK? He was the one who was actually a real music guy who actually gets it and knew the structure of Interscope and could really pay attention to it. He knew which producers to give these deals to that allowed them to execute projects that flourished, millions and millions of records, like Dr. Dre , the stuff he did with Timbaland. The stuff he did with will.i.am. He knows how to find the right talent and he drives it behind a producer, and that’s key. That’s one of the key things he’s done. The things he’s done with Dre and Beats by Dre. You’re going to see some amazing new things that they’re doing over there. I mean, that’s my first home, you know what I mean? 50’s first album, he sold so many records under his watch so I got to say that he’s probably my number one. 



2. L.A. Reid. You know, this guy is in multiple genres of music and [has] sold millions. I mean, one album, fifteen million, next album, ten million. Pink, Usher, Outkast, Rihanna, Mariah [Carey], J. Lo’s poppin’ right now, you know what I’m saying? Kanye! So he gets multiple genres of music and [is] able to put it out to the world, you know. So he’ll be number two. 



3.  I really think number three should be me…I mean, honestly, it takes a special dude that’s able to sit between Dr. Dre, 50 Cent and Eminem, all those egos, take leadership from Chris Lighty and Jimmy Iovine. I mean, my first record’s selling fifteen, second, ten, and just growing with Jimmy and the brand from selling sneakers to clothes to the things that 50 went on doing, touring. Like me, seeing this guy from my hood and knowing that he was going to be this superstar. I think I have to credit myself for that and then there’s other dope dudes in the industry that I think are amazing and I’m really going to take time, I’m going to say,  




4. I’m going to say Lyor Cohen for what he did with Warner and what he was able to do from Def Jam and go to another building and have half the staff and put out double the output, you know? I would like to give a shout-out to him and then, so that’s four? So that’s four, right? 


 


 5. Sylvia Rhone. This woman is the most amazing woman in the music business. I mean, I seen her at B.B. King the other night! No other person on her level was there. I mean, she’s a boss, like, for real. So I’m sitting there, like, shaking her hand, she’s chilling in the club watching everything I’m watching. I was, like, all the stuff she did with Cash Money, all the other artists she signed. Other than that, you know, shout-out to Sean Pecas, I rock with him. Mike Kyser, Chris Atlas, Chris Hicks, you know, I mean, there’s some beasts out there. Karen Kwak, Todd Moscowitz, Joey I.E.. There’s some dope people out there that’s really doing things. Steve Rifkind is still amazing to me, so there’s a lot of us out there. Next chapter will be the next generation.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment